Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ultrasounds Lie

I'm still pregnant.

I've never been more bloated in my entire life. For the past couple of days I've been jumping into our pool in the afternoons just to cool off. And by jumping I mean waddling in. The great thing about having this mini pool is the fact that I can do all my squats and not feel a thing. Gravity can be a bitch when you're carrying around an extra 26 kilos. That's right. You heard me. 26. That would put me at a grand total of 88 kilos. And for those of you who are all WTF, I'll just tell you to look down at the picture of my 38 week belly and realize that all my weight gain has been just that - belly. So fuck you if you think it's too much weight to gain, and fuck you for thinking you know what's best for my body. I'm pretty convinced it'll all melt off a few months after I deliver.

Oh yeah, and the hormones get worse towards the end. Almost as bad as the first trimester. Almost.

I've gotten so sick of people staring at me that the other day I was standing with my husband at the mall and yelled real loud about how staring at my belly is rude and disrespectful. Needless to say all the Arabs staring at me immediately looked away. I'm telling you, it makes me feel naked. A naked, 88 kilo, full-term pregnant woman? Not a pretty sight.

Yesterday I went to this education day celebration Bahrain throws to honor its citizens who received higher education degrees. Since my husband has his masters in law, and his brother has a Phd in electrical engineering, it was a family affair. The point of this isn't to show off that I married smart, the point is: I don't fit into my maternity clothes anymore. The clothes that are XL in maternity. That's how bloated I am. My feet were so swollen, it was ridiculous. Someone stick a fork in me - I'm done. Plus, maybe the fork will help diffuse some of this fluid retention.

Please please send me positive thoughts. I need to pop this baby out soon. I don't think I can wait till past this weekend. I had a nightmare, yes a nightmare, that I was pregnant past my original due date and had to be induced. My original due date is in 9 days.

I lost my mucous plug yesterday. It looks like a bunch of snot tinged with blood. It's basically the 'plug' that lines the cervix. I know. TMI. It means labor is 'imminent' - then again women can go weeks after losing their plugs without labor. Watch, I'm gonna be that woman.

Alright, enough complaining. I didn't think I'd get this far, but I will take a 39 week pregnant picture and post it up soon.

1 comment:

Tatalie said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
One last effort!