Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy September

Greetings from Bangkok!

What a strange few weeks it has been. I took a job with the government working closely with the UN. I'm one of 6 managers in charge of executing a massive project by December. Although it's been a bit challenging coming on to the project so late, I haven't felt this...fulfilled, in a while.

The pregnancy has been great! Although I fussed and kicked about not wanting to know what we're having, it wasn't something that could be hidden during my 16 week ultrasound. I'm still kind of in disbelief that I'm actually pregnant, so it hasn't quite sunk in. Judging from my past pregnancy, I haven't gained much weight. And since I dress in loose clothes, most people working with me were completely surprised when they found out. I'm lucky to have so much support, and I know when it's time to deliver the project, being 7 months pregnant won't hinder me in any way.

I was going to dedicate a small paragraph to the people who've had some hurtful opinions about my decision to take on this job, but I decided it's not even worth it. People will always be judgmental, it's in their nature.

Pictures of Bangkok Shenanigans and an 18 week bump picture to be posted soon. GASP 18 weeks already! Almost half-way there.


xx

No comments: