Saturday, January 30, 2010

On YUMMMMMMM

* Click on the pictures for larger image. It's worth it.

The other night I was feeling starved (never put a pregnant woman on a poop-friendly diet), and started day dreaming of food.

That's when I remembered Beignets. I love them. I miss them. I want them.

Sure enough I ended up finding a recipe here

I had to mix bread flour and regular all-purpose flour. And I warn you its HARD to mix all the ingredients together, it takes some physical labor. Plus, the recipe makes WAY too many beignets, so I suggest you just make half. In the end, I put the dough in the fridge and just fried the beignets in the morning.

And it was WORTH IT:




That's when I realized how much I love dough.

Throughout my cooking history, I never ever made dough. It just scared me. But not anymore!

I got caught doing this:



Yes. I made a lovely pizza from scratch.

I found the dough recipe in my lovely new purchase: The Joy of Cooking.

I brushed the top of the dough with olive oil, and added a mix of tomato paste and red pesto sauce.

Then I carmelized some onions. And by some I mean A LOT:



I topped the onions off with some Italian herbs, black pepper, and rosemary.

Then I shredded some mozzarella and sliced some pineapples:



Add generously:



Top it off with LLOOOOVVEEE:



Pop it in the oven (HOT) for 10 minutes.

And voila!

I SUGGEST YOU CLICK ON THE PICTURES!




It really was delicious.


Come visit me and I'll make it for you.

2 comments:

Frøken K said...

Woman, you really know food! :) And I was so proud because I baked AND cooked dinner today (my boyfriend is the cook usually) and then I see these pics. I realize I have a long way to go :)

And btw, your posts are so good, you truly move me, it's interesting to hear about your pregnancy & your experiences. I'm learning! I want children too in ... well. a few years :)

Kris

Hend said...

Ohhh Kris, come visit me and I'll cook for you everyday!

Thank you for the encouragement.