Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ha!

I'm still pregnant.

For the past 36 hours I've been experiencing what they call the 'bloody show' - which is basically pink discharge. It's disgusting. It means labor is 'imminent,' but then again labor has been imminent for weeks now. I figure it'll happen sometime this week, even though it doesn't feel like it at all.

I've been reading through my pregnancy bible and came across something funny: "...but if you happen to go overdue you might get frustrated by the constant calls and by having to repeat yourself. Try to be patient and remember people are simply excited for you and are just as frustrated as you are."

SO TRUE!

I just keep thinking of the time when I finally have this baby and will be able to announce it. I'm excited.

Ok, so I'm in good spirits.

To be honest though I tried EVERYTHING in the book to try and bring on labor. I mean everything. I drank all the different kinds of tea. I have been eating spicy food. I even ate dates. I've been walking, squatting, and tilting. I even talked my husband into 'being intimate' just so we can move things along. Finally, I tried castor oil. I'm a bit of a pussy though and only took 2 teaspoons - you're supposed to take 4 tablespoons. I didn't wanna risk the hemorrhoids again. I know what you're thinking: TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Point is: whether I like it or not, its not happening according to my terms. I've got to embrace that fact with open arms.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day in the Middle East. It would be nice to have a mother's day miracle.

Wishful thinking.

Sigh

No comments: